Still outlining for Constitutional Law. I should be done by now but this crap is so boring. I'm only about 1/2 done. I finished all the material on federalism and now I'm working on Equal Protection, which includies stuff about racial/gender discrimination, abortion, and gay marriage. Yay!
I was reading Loving v. Virginia (which said that interracial marriage was OK) and the trial court judge had this nugget of wisdom:
"Almight God created the races, white, black, yellow, malay, and red, and he placed them on Separate continents. And but for the interference with his arrangement there would be no cause for such marriages. The fact that he separated the races shows that he did not intend for the races to mix."
Gotta love when redneck hillbilly racist assholes are put on the bench. Especially when they're appointed to the Supreme Court (cough cough SCALIA cough cough). Now how come Dick Cheney couldn't have shot him in the face? I mean, they've gone hunting together before...
Yesterday PG&E turned off the power in my apartment building to fix some power lines. So I was without power all day and couldn't really study. I used the power on the 2 batteries I had for my laptop and then decided to go to a movie rather than drag myself to the library.
But by the time I got to the theater, the only movie starting was V for Vendetta, so I saw it again.
I still love the explosions set to the 1812 Overture. It reminds me of when Pajama and I were downtown and saw the Reno Phillharmonic play in front of the Silver Legacy and they had the music set to fireworks. So cool!
Ok, back to the books.
Sunday, April 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
WHOA - the power went out yesterday whilst I was studying too. It went out at both the library and my apartment, so I had to study as close to a window at the library as possible. When the power goes out it really makes you realize how you wouln't be able to survive in the natural world.
It's so true about the power! I was sitting here with no TV, no internet, no computer, no microwave or stove to cook on.
And then when I finally decided to go to a movie, I got into the garage and realized that I couldn't turn on the garage door opener.
Fortunately I could open it manually, but otherwise I would have been stuck with nothing to do!
Somehow the water was still running though. I suppose I could have done dishes or something.
Post a Comment