Saturday, April 22, 2006

DHL Sucks

I mentioned that Dell was shipping out a new AC adapter after I talked with tech support. Let me say, the computer itself sucks, but they really do have good customer service. They literally sent out the replacement the same day I reported it and it was shipping next day delivery.

Unfortunately I didn't think it would come so fast. So when I got home on Thursday, there was a DHL notice on the door. But the stupid driver didn't put a name or apartment number on the slip. The only identifying feature was the tracking number.

But Dell didn't give me a tracking number, so I had NO way of knowing this was mine. The next day there's another slip, this time with my name on it. Now I had missed the driver 2 times. If I had known it was mine, I could have signed the slip and he could have left the package.

I called the stupid number and honestly I had to call 3 times because no one was picking up the phone and they don't have an answering machine. What kind of global business doesn't invest in an answering machine?

They said that I could pick up the package. I figured it wouldn't be too hard but then I decided to study today instead and I called to ask them to redeliver. After trying several times, I finally got a person.

The woman on the phone was all bitchy because I had "placed the package on hold for pick up" and they had "already tried to deliver twice". I explained to her about the driver being an idiot and not leaving a name on the slip and she was like "well, I'll put it back into the delivery system but I can't guarantee anything"

What? You can't guarantee that my package will be delivered? Are you just going to throw it away or something?

So if you ever have to ship something, don't go to DHL.

No comments: