I have had the most bizarre and aggravating experiences with public transportation and or just transportation in general.
I got 2, count them TWO parking tickets this week. The 2nd ticket was totally my fault. I knew I shouldn't have parked there but I was in a hurry and had to catch the BART, so I wrote a check and sent it in. The first though -FUCK YOU Parking Citation Officer!
Last Friday I had to drive to school for a law review meeting. So they did this new thing on the street in front of the law school where they removed the parking meters and replaced it with vending machines that spit out parking stickers. I parked my car, paid for a sticker and put it in my windshield. Unbeknownst to me, I was supposed to tape it to the passenger side window facing the street.
All the while, the meter maid is parked in his little vehicle, literally behind my car. So he watches me pay for a ticket, put it in the windshield (not the passenger window) and waits until I'm inside the building to write me a $30 ticket. WTF? He could have told me that I was doing it wrong, but instead he wanted to be an ass and write me a ticket after watching me do it wrong. So I wrote a letter asking for a review. It probably won't happen but it makes me feel a little better.
So the reason I was on BART was that I had a job interview in the city. I think it went well and unlike last time, I really believe it. I was freaking out on Sunday, making myself sick with anxiety. I started listening to one of my favorite songs. It's not a theme song per se, but definitely inspires me and makes me feel better. It's "I am What I am" by Hannah Jones. I think I heard it on Queer as Folk, I don't remember.
Anyway, so I'm listening to the song and suddenly I get a burst of inspiration, so I sit down and I type out an answer to one of the questions that i had problems with during my last interviews. And I think it really helped. Then at the interview on Monday I felt like I was better able to explain why I wanted to work at the firm and talk about my qualifications (something I hadn't really done before).
So hopefully I'll hear something in the next week or so. Then I find out this morning that all those jobs I applied for through Public Interest Public Sector day didn't want me. I got NO interviews. That makes my job search a little more difficult. I do have another interview next week with another big firm in the city. I also think the time has come to send resumes to firms in Reno. Ugh.
Ok, funny story. I was coming home on BART yesterday and this man gets on and sits a few rows behind me. I can't see him, but I hear him rustle a newspaper. All of a sudden he starts yelling at the newspaper.
"HOW YOU GONNA BE A MOMMA AND KILL YO' KIDS." Apparently he was reading a story about a mother who killed her kids? I'm just guessing. Then he continues 'YOU CAN'T BE NO GOOD MOMMA AND THEN GO AND KILL YO' KIDS."
So I had to bite my lip to keep from laughing. If he was going to shout at a newspaper I wouldn't put it past him to get up and attack me for laughing at him. So then about 5 minutes later I hear "HOW YOU GONNA BE A DOCTOR WHEN ALL YO' PATIENTS ARE SICK? YOU CAN'T BE NO DOCTOR WHEN ALL YO' PATIENTS ARE DYING." Just a guess, but maybe it was a story about malpractice?
About 5 minutes after that, he starts singing. I think we had a little Smoky Robinson in there. It was nice. Too bad he got off at the next stop. Ha ha haha. I have the craziest bus/bart rides EVER.
Ok, I've been messing around with this and on myspace, so now I have to get to school and get some work done.
See you in the car.
Wednesday, February 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment