Friday, February 24, 2006

WTF South Dakota?

What crawled up South Dakota's butt and died? Holy crap they're crazy. Perhaps they're getting hidden telepathic brain waves coming from Mt. Rushmore that are telling them to go batshit.

I have heard that the reason they passed a bill banning abortion is because they want to send a fight to the Supreme Court where they hope the 2 new conservative justices will finally vote to overturn Roe v. Wade.

I think they are wrong. I don't think Roberts and Scalito will vote to overturn. Well I shouldn't say that. They might, but I don't think the court will overturn it outright.

If it happens, it will happen the same way Brown v. Board of Education was decided. The Supreme Court didn't just outright ban segregation, they did it in little steps. So they began by saying that segregation in certain things was bad, etc. and built up from there.

That's how I think the abortion issue will go. First they might ban late term abortions or put other restrictions on it first.

I don't think they're stupid enough to do an outright ban because if they did, there would be a culture war (bigger than there already is). And the outcome hopefully would be that there are no more Republicans in power because all the people who sit on their ass and don't vote would finally start paying attention.

Of course I could be wrong, your thoughts?

1 comment:

Jeimeken said...

I no longer trust the public to vote in their best interest, and if they did it wouldn't matter anyway since obviously following the law ins't required of our elected leaders anyway. I'm scared of even going to the women's clinic here in Reno to learn about abortions for fear of being shot. The doctor who performs them here in Reno actually has an aresenal of guns in his clinic.