So I was flipping through the channels and I stopped on PBS. They were showing some show about science and art or something to that effect. They had this painter in one of those zero gravity jets. You know, the one they train astronauts in. They go into a dive and everyone inside starts to float. The painter was on the jet, basically inside a huge plastic bag with all this paint and a canvas. As he begins to float, he madly begins to squirt paint everywhere and as he bumps around, it sticks to the canvas.
So at the end of the segment the painter says "As I was laying at the bottom of the tent, asphyxiating from the paint, I definitely learned something scientific - you need fresh air when you're painting in a space without convection."
Wow. This guy should not be allowed near open flames or given sharp scissors. I think a 4 year old knows that you shouldn't paint in a closed space. When you're in the 3rd grade, you know that you have to open a window when using something like rubber cement or else you DIE. I wish I had a pencil so I could stab this guy in the eye.
I can't believe it's November already. WTF? Before I know it, finals are going to be here and I am not looking forward to that. It sucks because I still have to find a stupid job. Plus I made the dumb mistake of signing up for more law review work. I finished my source collection and in total I spent about 30 hours on it over a period of 2-3 weeks. Now I signed up to do a primary edit which means probably 30 more hours of work.
I have 2 callback interviews this week...unfortunately they're both in Palo Alto. I really didn't want to have to commute this summer but it looks like I'm going to anyway. The career fair at Lavender Law was a bust. I've already gotten 4 rejection letters from firms I talked to. It makes me wonder if the firms went just so they could put it on our "Hey look we promote diversity" page, even though they don't.
Although the woman who I spoke with, the one who ripped into my resume pointing out the flaws, wants to have lunch next week. So that's exciting. Still no word from the firm I interviewed with last week....keep your fingers crossed that there isn't a rejection that got delayed in the mail.
The only thing keeping me going is knowing that Harry Potter comes out next week.
Wednesday, November 09, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
YAY! HARRY POTTER! I liked the last movie the best. A lot of people hated it but I think they need to grow the fuck up - unless, of course, you hated it - then let's just pretend I didn't like it either.
Post a Comment