Monday, October 31, 2005

Happy Nevada Day!

My San Diego trip was pretty much a bust. As you may remember I decided to cut my trip short because there was an announcement that there was a mandatory diversity forum on Friday and I was already missing another mandatory meeting on Thursday so I figured I should come back. Also, I got an email Weds. from the editor I'm working with on source collection letting our team know that there were like 60 sources that had been overlooked. I don't even know how that happens so I had a lot of work to make up for that.

The career fair at Lavender Law was kind of lame because it was a table top fair meaning they had recruiters set up at tables but they weren't conducting actual interviews. So it was kind of pointless talking to them because they wouldn't remember who you were anyway. So you had to BS with the recruiter just to drop off your resume. Then I had one recruiter tell me in the first 5 seconds of looking at my resume that I had a typo.

WTF? I went through 14 on campus interviews, a call back and 3 meetings at the career services and no one caught this typo before? So I decided I probably shouldn't hand anymore out. Oh well. I gave out about 10 more resumes so hopefully I'll get a few interviews out of it.

The career office did do one thing well, they sent my resume to a few places in Silicon Valley. I had been primarily looking in San Francisco but at this point I don't have the luxury of being picky. So today I had a screening interview over the phone with this firm in Palo Alto. It would be a bitch to commute, but after talking with the associate for half an hour he decided to recommend that I get a callback. Yay! So I have an interview with them a week from Thursday.

Tomorrow I have my other callback in San Francisco. My stomach is in knots still. And I have been missing a lot of class lately. I woke up this morning intending to go but I felt sick so I went back to bed. I need to cut it out! But then I feel like I'm not really getting anything out of those classes anyway because all we do is talk bullshit.

I'm listening to one of Madonna's new singles "Hung Up" and it's fabulous. She samples Abba's song "Gimme Gimme Gimme" and that's my favorite Abba song so of course I like this new song too.

Not doing anything fun tonight because I have to catch up on reading and my tummy is upset.

Smell ya later.

1 comment:

Jeimeken said...

Sounds like you and Mat need to have a little club. Hope the interview went well!