Saturday, October 01, 2005

Dread

My worst fear came true. As I slowly opened the mailbox I was knocked to the pavement under a flood of letters.

Well not really, but there were quite a few in the box. What pray tell could they be?

The letterhead on the envelope said it all. They were rejection letters. I expected as much.

I'm not sure if it's better to get them all at once or one a day. I got 4 today. It's funny because 3 of them were from the interviews earlier this week. These 3 were firms that I didn't really want to work for anyway but the other was from my first choice firm.

Even though I didn't want to work at most of these places, it still feels pretty crappy. Now I have this sinking feeling that I'm not going to find a place to work this summer.

Do you think they will let me hang my J.D. on the wall behind the fryer at McDonald's? I'm trying to be proactive and I made an appointment with Career Services on monday. I really don't want to blow the one callback interview I have in the bag.

It's at a great firm and I would be very happy being there (or at least I think I would). So I want to make sure I say and do everything right.

To make myself feel better I have been watching episodes of Popular that I got on Netflix. I never watched the series the first go round but it is actually a great show. I can't believe it got canceled.

Also, I got tired of comment spammers so I turned on the word verification feature. Please let me know if you have any trouble posting comments.

2 comments:

Jeimeken said...

Vely Solly. No worries though, if you don't get a job next summer, you can visit Mat in Europe with me. Plus you don't want to work in the city anyway - it smells like urine.

Anonymous said...

Ben,

Sorry about the summer job stuff, I have my fingers crossed for your call back. Also, did you get my reply to the email you sent me about hotels in SD? I've been having some trouble with my email and I wanted to make sure that it went through.