(Edited to Add): I have Launch.com playing while I do some reading and let me just say that Ricky Martin looks supergay in his new video. That is all...
I woke up this morning and I came THIS close to going back to bed. I don't know what it is with me this semester but I cannot stand mornings. It's like I can't get up before 9am. I used to be such a morning person too. I'm definitely not going to schedule anymore 8:30 classes.
I could have gone back to bed but I had to drive to fucking Palo Alto for an interview. It was about an hour and 20 minutes with all the damn traffic. But there was no reason for traffic. I thought people in CA were supposed to drive crazy, not stupid.
My interview yesterday went pretty well. I definitely think I'm trying to improve upon the problems I was having before i.e. going into more depth with my answers and actually trying to show that yes, I do have a personality.
One of the best things about some of these interviews is that they often come with a free lunch. 2 of the younger associates take you to a restaurant on the firm's tab. Yesterday we went to this "asian fusion" (whatever that means) restaurant. It was SO good. The waitress was super nice but it's probably because she smelled a huge tip coming. I didn't look at the bill but it was easily over $100.
My only bad moment yesterday was when I was talking with the senior hiring partner and it felt a little weird. Like I would pause for him to ask a question but he didn't so I would have to scramble to think of one to ask him. Usually I only have 4-5 stock questions to ask.
Then today I liked most of the people I interviewed with. It's a huge firm in Palo Alto and I think they hire like 40 people for the summer, so unless I vomitted on myself, I'm hoping I have a good chance.
But there was no fabulous lunch today. Instead we went to a burger place/bar. Gee thanks guys, way to break a $20.
Keep your fingers crossed that I don't have to do anymore damn interviews. I ordered 2 new dress shirts because all the ones I bought when I was in Reno are actually 40% polyester and those things are hot. I don't know why I didn't look at the stupid label first. So I have to mail them back to my mom so she can get me a refund. But now I don't have anymore interviews to wear the shirts that just arrived.
I was also supposed to have lunch with this woman I met at Lavender Law and she said her secretary would email me to set up a time, but then she emails me today and says they have already done all the hiring. WTF? That whole lavender law thing was a waste. If I don't get a single interview out of it, I'm going to be pissed.
I did decide that I'm going to send my resume to the Southern Poverty Law Center. That way if I don't get a firm job, at least I can go work at my dream job. It's in Alabama but it is paid and they give you an apartment for the summer. The SPLC works at breaking up hate groups. They sue the KKK and other white supremacist groups and I'd love to work there.
Harry Potter in 7 days. I think I just wet myself a little thinking about it.
Friday, November 11, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Who is cuter, Harry Potter or Ricky Martin? I mean... in that "if harry potter was at least 18 years old" sort of way :-)
Ooh, that's a good question. I definitely love a man with an accent, it's just a question of an English accent versus a Spanish accent.
The jail bait thing aside, I think Harry Potter is developing nicely. But until then I think Ricky Martin is pretty cute.
Post a Comment