I was at the bus stop this evening and witnessed the funniest interaction EVER.
The bus stop is down town at this busy intersection with a lot of cars and people crossing the street. The stop itself is in front of a Peet's Coffee. So I'm standing there an all of a sudden I hear yelling.
"RED MEANS STOP. STOP!!! CAN'T YOU READ? IT'S RED, THAT MEANS GO BACK." Ok, first. It wasn't a sign that said no jaywalking. It was just the red hand don't walk signal. If you're going to shout at random people, at least have the decency to use proper diction.
This older man, (not old enough to be senile) was yelling at some people who were jay walking. He then proceeds to shout
'CARS COME SPEEDING AROUND THAT CORNER GOING 50 MILES AN HOUR. WHY DO YOU THINK IT'S RED? I'VE SEEN LOTS OF PEOPLE KILLED CROSSING RIGHT THERE BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T STOP.'
Now I'm sure this was an exaggeration. It's possible that someone might have gotten hurt, but this really isn't a dangerous corner.
But wait, it gets better. The man continues to yell as the people who were jay walking are now walking past him to continue down the sidewalk. He chose another older man to yell at.
'YOU'RE OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW THAT YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO STOP."
To which the other man replies, "Oh yeah? Well fuck you. Why don't you mind your fucking business?" And continues walking.
Not to be outdone the other man replies "Jesus came down to this Earth...." and then he stopped. The other guy had continue to say fuck you and then he started flipping him off.
I had to cover my mouth and look away because I was about to start laughing really loud. I'm pretty sure neither of them were crazy, but it was funny to watch.
Another funny story....
We have this courtyard outside the entrance of the law school that leads into the main lobby. All these big beautiful trees, some grass and stone benches lining the walls for places to sit.
Except that every morning when I walk in, it smells....like poop. I've seen a dog running around there once but surely it cannot be because of one dog. I'm also sure it wasn't from homeless people defecating in our courtyard.
So today I was in the law review office doing some work and this guy comes in. A few moments later I can smell the poop smell. Someone else notices it and says something. The guy says he was playing football in the courtyard and fell into the trees. Then the Editor in Chief (who's insanely smart but kind of awkard) says that they are Gingko trees and that they smell.
OMG who would plant trees that smell like poop? They proceeded to have a discussion about suing whoever came up with the plan to plant poopy trees (total nerds, I know).
But I bet the guy just pooped his pants and was trying to blame it on the shrubbery. "Oh yeah, that smell? Totally the trees."
Ha ha ha ha. Two very funny moments (at least to me) in an otherwise boring day.
I can't decide if I should try to go to a midnight showing of Harry Potter on Thursday or just wait and go see it on Friday. So excited!
Tuesday, November 15, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Remember that one time at the movie theater where those 14 years olds were describing their boyfriends going down on them. You witness a lot of strange situations. Lucky you!
Or the time when Mat and I were walking out of the movie theater and these 2 pre-teens were in front of them and as soon as they stepped outside and the cold hit them, one of them said, "My nipples just got hard, like THAT!" and snapped her fingers.
Wildly inappropriate.
Post a Comment