Another unhappy day at the mailbox.
Honestly, I'm glad I'm not trying to date because I have enough rejection as it is right now. Both firms in Palo Alto said no. I'm still waiting to hear from that last firm in S.F. but at this point things are looking bleak. It's been 2 weeks since the interview. Maybe they just forgot to put the rejection in the mail.
The funny part of it was that one firm writes: "Even though we have not been able to extend and offer to you this summer, we would be very interested in talking to you next year about your plans after graduation. I scinerely hope that you will sign up for an interview with us when we are at Boalt Hall next year."
If they were so interest, why didn't they give me an offer NOW. Bitches.
I'm going to try to talk to career services tomorrow and find out what my options are at this point. I think most of the big firms have finished their hiring.
In order to make myself feel better I went and got my favorite drink from Starbucks: Peppermint Mocha. I'm so sad that it's only a seasonal drink because it's so good. It tastes like a minty hot chocolate with coffee. Yum!
I finished my law review edit, so now I can start my outlines. With only 4 classes, it shouldn't be too bad.
I also had a nightmare about my cat. Last night I was talking to my brother on the phone and I was making a job and I said "How's my cat?" referring to his new cat. And but instead of saying something about his cat, he said "Oh, she's buried in the ground." OMG. What an insensitive ass. I know he didn't mean it. But then I had a dream that I was at home in the dining room looking for our new cat Lilly and I look down and I see Sara. It felt so real. I was so happy, I couldn't believe it. So I reach down to pick her up and she disappears. It didn't feel like I was dreaming, I actually thought she was there. And then I woke up and almost started crying. I miss her so much.
What a crappy ass day.
Thursday, November 17, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Be happy you don't have to deal with a cat right now. My cat, just a few minutes ago - went outside. Then she came back inside to use the litter box. Then she went back outside. WTF? Why can't she go outside?! Now it stinks.
Post a Comment