I was waiting for the bus this morning at the usual stop. Normally I catch the bus around 10:15 and by that time, I've missed the morning bus and it's usually pretty empty.
This morning, the bus pulled up and it was PACKED. I had to check to make sure it was the right bus. I couldn't understand why there were so many people. At first I was going to just wait for the next bus because I don't like feeling like a sardine, especially when the driver races down the street and then breaks really fast. It's no fun to fall over on the bus (although it hasn't happened yet, the threat is still very real).
But then I decided that I might be late for class if I waited, so I got on. Then I notice why the bus is so full.
An entire elementary school class was riding the bus today. Yes, apparently the class did not take the school bus, they took public transportation. So for 20 minutes this morning I was forced to listen to the inane chatter of 4th graders.
The hilarious (and sad) part was that the bus was so full, so the driver stopped picking people up. So I watched out the window as people stood up from bus stop benches and tried in vain to flag down the bus, only to have it race by. Perhaps the funniest (and saddest) moment was when the bus zoomed by a little old woman who started to shake her cane in the air when it became apparent that the bus wasn't going to stop.
I have no idea where these kids were going, because the bus only goes through downtown berkeley and then back to Albany/El Cerrito. It must have been a field trip but I can't imagine to what.
Wednesday, October 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Maybe they were rich kids learning about how the other half lives. I don't know why they wouldn't just use a school bus otherwise.
Somebody told me today that after I get my MD I should get my JD. I think that's insane. Do you have any doctors in your class?
Post a Comment