Friday, September 02, 2005

Wicked

I just got home from seeing Wicked and it was fantastic. It's probably one of the best shows I've ever seen (which isn't really saying much because I haven't seen many), but it was still fabulous. I liked it so much that I bought a CD and a keychain to add to my collection.

We had pretty good seats in the balcony. I think it was better than sitting in the orchestra because you could see everything. The Wicked Witch was definitely the star of the show, oh my Jeebus. If you get a chance to see it, I highly recommend it.

Now I want to go see Lestat (based on Anne Rice's book and created by Elton John) and Mamma Mia is coming soon too. Who can say no to a musical based on the music of Abba. I mean come on!

It was such a GOOD show. Not only was the music good but the story was very interesting. I definitely want to go read the book now. Lots of political undertones and references to what happens in the Wizard of Oz.

SO GOOD

3 comments:

Jeimeken said...

Ford said that in one of his Theater Arts classes (yes, Ford is a theater arts minor...) they showed clips of wicked and that it looked really stupid. I want to go see it anyway, and now that I have somebody who actually went and liked it, he can't get out if it :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi, I really like your blog. If you like blogs, come see my blog at www.iliketospamfunksoulbrother.bloghappyness.com

Fordness said...

Pay no attention to the lady behind the blog curtain.

What we viewed in class was a scene where two witches sang to each other. That seemed kind of stupid, but there was no context to it. I’m sure in the timeline of the story it’s a very appropriate scene.

Looks like you’ve got the spammer you wanted HEEE!

Ford