After my hellish day at the DMV I was finally able to sit down and begin work on writing my casenote. For reasons that only Jeebus knows, I am trying to get onto the California Law Review. It has to be for prestige reasons because I don't think anyone in their right mind would really want to do it.
Granted, it's much better than the law review at Santa Clara. So I have to write a "casenote", which is basically an analysis of some court case. And the "packet" of materials is well over 500 pages. There are like 12 cases, 4 law review articles and a few other miscellaneous crap. Somehow I'm supposed to digest parts of this "packet" and discuss the main case in an "intelligent and thoughtful" way.
All I can say is that I can feel the bullshit bubbling up in my mind. My first paragraph sounds so utterly verbose and pompous that it's ridiculous.
I can't believe I'm able to make myself write like this. I know I should feel dirty. So why am I doing this?
Mostly because I believe it will help give me more options. If I want to clerk for a federal judge it's pretty much mandatory that you are on law review. It will also look good for getting a law firm job. At this point I have no idea what I want to do, so I figure anything that will give me more options is good.
Saturday, September 10, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment