Two 3-day weeks in a row! WOOOO. I'm going to a wedding this weekend and I'm in the wedding party (as a groomsman) so I have to leave Thursday to go to the rehearsal. Which means no work thursday or friday. Then of course next weekend is Thanksgiving. I don't really want to be in the wedding but what can you do. Maybe I should stay home in protest of Prop 8. Haha. I'm hoping to at least see my law school friends while I'm there. We'll see how it goes. I just hope there's no bachelor party....or strippers. GROSS!
I made the mistake of sending out an email to all the partners asking for work today. In hindsight I should have just sent it to a few at a time like i usually do. I ended up getting 3 assignments, 2 of which are due this week. I don't think I'll have a problem finishing but it sucks having a deadline looming when you're about to take days off.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm in love with the elliptical machine at the gym. I used to bike and treadmill, but now just do the elliptical because I feel like I'm getting a better workout. I've also started trying to work in some weights. But it's tough because all the gym bunnies are always hovering and I feel a little rushed sometimes. I can't believe how crowded it was tonight and how dead it was on Friday. I guess everyone has to work off the weekend partying.
~~~~~~~~~~~
We went and saw Quantum of Solace this weekend. We first watched Casino Royale again. Daniel Craig is the yummiest Bond ever. Quantum was good, but was a little confusing. Like they intentionally didn't connect some of the dots. So I felt a little stupid that i had to come home and read some blogs to get the rest of what I missed. Maybe it will help if I see it again.
Also, Twilight is coming out this weekend!! Yay vampire-teen girl love stories.
~~~~~~~~~~~
I sold my Margaret Cho tickets today. I bought them back in May (MAY!!!!!) and had to get rid of them due to the wedding. I suppose I could have flown back Saturday night to go see the show, but would have had 2 extra tickets still. I ended up putting them on craigslist for $40. I probably should have put them for more, but I didn't want to hassle with getting rid of them and worrying that I couldn't before I left.
I'm bummed about not seeing it because I wanted to see if she added any material about the election. But it's ok, because I already saw her when she was in S.F. a few months back.
I got one call on Friday and she wanted all 3 for $100. I initally agreed but then didn't call her back this weekend to arrange pickup. Then today I got a call from someone else offering to buy them for asking price. So I totally sold them. Now I feel bad about the first girl. Technically we had an oral contract, but she couldn't really enforce it. Ahahahaha.
Once again, I'm out money on tickets I bought to an event. It seems like I'm not learning my lesson. Next time I'll just buy a ticket for myself and go.
Monday, November 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment