I'm horrible when I have money because I have an impulse to go shopping. It's going to be terrible when I start working and I really have money.
Anyway, so I wanted to go out and buy some ramikans, those little baking dishes that you make creme brulee in. I found this recipe for an egg custard that I want to try but have nothing that I could make it in.
I also wanted to use it as an excuse to get out of the apartment and away from school. So I figured that I would go to Ikea because I remembered how cheap must of their kitchen stuff is.
As I was walking out of the parking garage and towards the Ikea, I actually felt myself kind of giddy. I don't know why, but Ikea is such a fun store. Alas though, no baking ramikans. But then I figured I needed a roasting pan to cook them in so I bought one of those that comes with a wire rack that can double as a cooling rack.
And then I couldn't resist so I bought this really cool bamboo plant that has all the vines woven together. I wanted to buy more plants but they all looked half dead.
Then I figured Target must have ramikans. Alas, no ramikans. But as I was wandering, I figured I'd do some grocery shopping. And then I thought well, I need a need tub to wash dishes in and that led me to getting a new strainer too.
Finally, I remembered my friend suggested Bed, Bath and Beyond. I didn't go there first because I figured it would be uber expensive.
But before I went there, I thought I'd try Trader Joes because I've never been there and wanted to see if I could find some sugar free fruit in a can. All of the stuff at the supermarket is in "syrup" or has sugar added. Why can't they just cut the damn fruit and put it in a can? I don't want all that added sugar.
Anyway, I was not impressed with Trader Joes. But it was a major cluster fuck. Why is everyone so in love with that store? It was the tiniest little place and the lines were practically out the door. Whatever.
I went to BB&B and found my ramikans. They even had a "creme brulee" kit, where you get 4 ramikans, a torch and a roasting pan for $19.99. Ahahahha.
I should have gone there first. I went out looking for 1 thing and came back with 20.
I'm no good with money.
Friday, January 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That reminds me of the time we came home from the city with a giant scream blow up doll and two kites.
See! The Scream doll is sitting in my living room right now. I can't even begin to describe it's awesomeness.
I should take some pictures of it and post.
Post a Comment