It turns out there are about 36 transfers to Boalt this year. The Dean commented that they took in a larger transfer class this year because transfers generally tend to do really well and it helps their numbers/ranking etc. So that was cool. The rest of it was just hearing from various members of the administration.
The most important part was going to the computer lab and signing up for classes. I hadn't really prepared so when it actually came time to sign up, I was like a dear caught in headlights. The only class I really wanted to take, Constitutional Law was full and I'm 24 on the waitlist. There's a chance I still might make it into the class but I'm not very optimistic.
So this is the schedule I ended up with: Real Estate Transactions, Criminal Procedure, Intro to Intellectual Property, and Commercial Transactions. I picked Real Estate just because I needed a class, it sounded kind of interesting and I'm still not certain the kind of law I want to practice. So I figured the more exposure the better. I also liked Crim law so I thought Criminal Procedure would be interesting. And then Commercial Transactions is basically an advanced Contracts class and I loved that class last year. The only downside is that it's on Thursdays from 6-9pm and I don't know if I want to be riding the bus that late.
The funny part about orientation is when the head librarian told us that we should under no circumstances leave our laptops lying in the building unattended. She said that even chaining it to the desk with those laptops cords won't work. She explained that because it's an urban area people will dress as students, sneak in and then steal your stuff. That's something I don't think I ever worried about at Santa Clara. We used to leave our laptops in the library and go eat and then come back all the time. ha ha.
The rest of the day was boring. We had lunch, I bought books for 2 classes (one class didn't have a book and I decided not to buy the book for the Thursday class just in case I dropped it).
One of the books I purchased....not really but it could have been. Ha!And then we got our picture taken for the "Face Book". At SCU we called it the Stalker Book because it had your picture and your email address. So if you didn't know someone you could look up their picture, see their name and email and stalk them...haha or not.
I was surprised to see 5 other people from Santa Clara had transferred, including one girl that was in my section. I wasn't really friends with her but she seems friendly enough.
Not sure what to do with myself this weekend. Brother and Dad went home this morning. My brother's truck finally got fixed. So now I'm all by my lonesome in this big apartment in a big city with no friends or family. Someone save me!
I think I might try to see a movie or something. Only one professor posted the reading assignments for Monday so I don't have any homework to do this weekend.
Sorry for the long post, I got carried away.

No comments:
Post a Comment