Holy Fuck Batman! Apparently today was the first day of school for the high schools in the neighborhood. I wish someone would have put out a warning or something. I get off the campus shuttle near the bart station in what I call "down town". I don't know if it's really downtown but that's what I call it. Anyway, I get off the campus shuttle and walk a block to get onto the bus that takes me to my apartment.
It is then that I start to notice a gaggle of pre-teens lurking at the bus stop. And then more come....and then more....and holy fuck where are they all coming from? At first I thought maybe it was a field trip. I've never heard of a school starting on a Weds. At least not high school.
So as it happens I miss the first #43 bus. So I have to wait 15 minutes for the first. In that time I watch as two other buses are filled to capacity with kids. I'm thinking I'll be able to catch the next bus no problem. The 2nd #43 bus arrives and these little bitches proceed to cut in line and fill the fucking bus up. Shouldn't they be on school buses or something? It wasn't until the 3rd #43 arrived that I was able to get home. Bastards!
I don't remember being so short in high school. Well I was never short but I don't remember classmates being so short. Is it because I'm older? And all these little high schoolers think they're such tough shit. I think I might have to start staying at school for an hour or two and just hope they're all gone by 4:30-5pm.
5 day weekend ahead! I don't know what to do with myself. I'm tempted to drive to Reno but then I forgot that I bought tickets to go see Wicked tomorrow night in San Francisco, so I really wouldn't be able to leave until Friday evening. Damn! I'm going to call my mommy and see what she thinks.
~~~~
I read today that a homeless man had been living out of one of the bathrooms at the law school. He would come in with bags of clothes and hide them in the ceiling tiles and then bathe in the sink and leave. He was caught and all his stuff confiscated. I wonder what he'll do now?
~~~~
Speaking of bathrooms I was in the bathroom this morning and I noticed some of the graffitti on the bathroom stall. You had your obligatory "I love vagina" scribbled out to read "I love cock" but then someone took the time to right "Bush Save Lebanon from Syria". Wow, it's not often that you see a political message scrawled on the bathroom wall in magic marker. I guess it's Berkeley for you.
~~~~
Finally I did my bidding for On Campus Interviews yesterday. I will find out the results tomorrow of which employers I am signed up for. I submitted 16 bids for firms mostly in San Francisco. But then I was worried that I had too few bids so I added some offices in Palo Alto and Menlo Park although I don't think I really want to commute down there. It was hard because I don't know what kind of law I want to work in and picking a firm was difficult. In the end I picked firms that seemed to have a liberal policy on sexual orientation and ones that supported pro bono work in the gay/lesbian community. We'll see how it actually turns out.
Wednesday, August 31, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I see high school kids at the bus stops all the time. I don't understand either why they're not on school buses. Last spring I used to not want to run in the afternoon because I would have to go past all of these stupid high school boys. And they do seem shorter than I ever remember being.
Post a Comment