Monday, August 15, 2005

Home of my Own

I'm all moved into my new apartment now. My dad and brother drove down with me and we spent the weekend scouring the swap meets and flea markets looking for furniture to populate my room.

But in the end, we went to my new best friend....craigslist. I never realized how awesome it was. Not only did it get me my new apartment, but I managed to get a crapload of furniture for about $70. We got a new kitchen table with 4 chairs, a coffee table for the living room and a couch. Ok, so the couch isn't as comfortable as I thought it was when we went to pick it up, but I bet with a little improv it will do quite nicely.

Even if it doesn't, beggars can't be choosers. I'll have to wait until I get my school money and maybe I can get something else.

The only bad part was that on the way down here my brother's truck basically died. They have to get a new transmission put in. $1500 later..... SUCK.

Tomorrow I am going to get on a bus and ride to campus. I don't think I'm going to pay for a parking pass. Gas is almost $3.00 here so I am going to get used to public transportation.

OMG, they are having this huge street fair in September on the street that I live on. I mentioned that it's full of shops and restaurants. Well in Sept. they close part of it off and have a fair with vendors, food and entertainment. I've got a big couch and an air mattress, so you should visit!

Oh, I almost forgot. The best part about the swap meet....I found bootleg DVD's. I had heard about these but had never actually seen them. This guy had a table of DVD's and it took me a while to realize he was selling movies that were still in the theater. I bet he makes a fortune. The cases look professional but the DVD is a regular disc, nothing fancy not even the title of the movie.

It's horribly illegal and I may or may not have purchased Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Madagascar, Mr. and Mrs. Smith, and Fantastic Four. But I am a law abiding law student so that would be horribly unethical.....I can't wait to go back next weekend and get more. Ha ha. The quality is surprisingly good. Not like those movies that can be downloaded online.

2 comments:

Jeimeken said...

You're only the consumer, you had no idea those were out in theater and you had to pay for them :-)

Mateo said...

rocking.

email me your new address!