I'm house sitting starting this week for one of the legal secretaries at work. It's funny because it's the secretary that was super bitchy to me that summer I clerked for the firm. You may remember me complaining about her. I was in the armpit office and there was a filing cabinet that she needed to get to, so she would like come in even if the door was closed without knocking.
Anyway, I've done work for the partner she's assigned to and a few times she's come and told me how happy he was with the work or that she thought I did a good job on a particular assignment. It's funny that I often have to get feedback from the assistants rather than the attorneys themselves.
A few months ago she asked if I could house sit. She said she normally asks one of the runners because they're younger and likely able to do it. But they're often not reliable. I didn't have anything better to do, so I said yes.
She's going to Italy and I'll be staying at her house for 2 weeks. It's like a mini stay-cation! She has a dog and a cat and I went last week for a walk-through and to get instructions. The animals are nice and the cat seems to like me. So hopefully things will go smoothly. It'll be like a test run for having my own house.
The only downside is that she's a smoker and smokes in the house. I hate hate hate the smell of smoke. She said she was going to wash the curtains and sheets and has air refreshener systems in the house, but warned me that she would probably smoke the morning that she leaves. So I'll likely stink like smoke for a few days and wake up with headaches every morning.
It's an easy $300 bucks though. Let's just hope none of the pets die while she's gone.
Also, it's an opportunity to get away from my brother for a while, which is always nice. He's really been getting on my nerves lately.
Monday, March 09, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment