I'm doing my taxes and it turns out I owe about $260 to the govt. Damn you Obama and your new socialist government!
Ahahahaha. I should have been claiming single and zero deductions on my W-4, but for some reason I was claiming single and 2. So they weren't taking out enough money. It's not a huge deal and I guess it could be worse. It just sucks not getting a refund. There's something gratifying about getting money back. Also, I don't think I'm going to get anything if they pass another economic stimulus. I think I'm at the threshold where they cut off relief benefits. But we'll see.
Also, I make just enough that I can't claim my student loan interest as a deduction. And the toyota hybrids no longer qualify for a credit either. I need to hire a financial panther (Get her Sheba!) to help me get tax breaks or something.
At least if I decide to buy a house this year, I can get a credit for that. I'm still undecided though. I haven't been paying as much toward my student loans as I should have. Although I did pay off 2 credit cards and another big medical bill I had all the way back from law school. So I guess that's something.
Saturday, March 07, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment