Sunday, April 05, 2009

Spring Cleaning

I did some major cleaning today. My room has been an absolute mess and since I was housesitting for the past few weeks I hadn't had a chance to tackle it.



Oddly enough, I felt compelled to organize my CD's before I did anything else. I didn't even know where to start with the rest of the room, but the CD's were like one small project I knew I could tackle right away.



So I started with that and once I got that done, I was able to just go through the rest of the room. It's amazing how much bigger it looks now. Ahaha. I also put together this wardrobe my mom got me for Christmas. My closet is full so I needed more space for my clothes. I decided to put all my work clothes in it and make room in the closet for everything else. We also put up bookshelfs on the wall and I got around to putting books up.

Isn't it strange how good it feels to clean? Even though I dread doing it.
~~~

My dad took my brothers on a little roadtrip. They didn't tell me they were going until the day before they left, so I couldn't get off work even if I wanted to (which I probably didn't). So mom and I went and saw Dirty Rotten Scoundrels on Friday.

Shows at the pioneer center always feel like high school productions. The stage seems really strong and it's like they have an amateur running the lighting. Did they not do a dress rehearsal with the spotlight?

We also went and saw Sunshine Cleaning and I really liked it. They're calling it the next little miss sunshine. Could be!
~~~~~~~~

So excited about vacations this year! First the cruise and then London! Sara wants to spend a few days somewhere else, but I'm still undecided. It's so tempting since I'll be over there anyway and most places aren't more than a few hours away by train or plane. We could jet over to Greece or something. But there's a lot of stuff I still wanted to see in London and trips I wanted to take outside London, like Stonehenge, Stratford and Bath. And Oxford! We'll see. Either way I'm excited to see Sara and Mateo! Yay!

And I'll be there for London Pride, so I'm really excited about seeing the parade. Except I think it will be weird to be in the UK on the 4th of July. Maybe I'll go flip off the queen.