On Friday I took my aunt to see the new Cirque traveling show KOOZA. It was REALLY good. I saw the last traveling show that came to San Jose, Corteo and I didn't really like it. This time we had really great seats and the show was just better. The clowns were funnier, the stunts were cooler and the music was better. I'm really glad I got a chance to go, even if the tickets are ass expensive.
After the show, I drove up to the city to meet up with the girls. On the way I got a little lost, but called and got directions. On the way, I saw the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence on a street corner in the Castro. I was also tempted to run over some people on their bicycles. Apparently there was a big event in the city called Critical Mass. They were riding in the street with no care of the cars behind them. So fucking annoying. I also knew I was in the bay area when people would cross the street without looking. It took me right back to law school. They call it critical mass, I call it justifiable homicide.
It was so good to see them all because it had been almost a year since I'd seen them. We started at the apartment of one of Erika's friends and the alcohol was flowing freely.
I didn't have that many drinks, but the drinks I did have were HEAVY on the booze. I think I had a screw driver, a glass of champagne, and a pina colada. And then we started doing shots. I had 2-3 shots of tequila. So by the time we were even ready to leave the apartment, I was feeling fine.
We went to some bar that was playing music. Unfortunately it wasn't a gay bar and the music wasn't even that good. But again, I was pretty drunk so it didn't matter much. One of the girls was also far gone and started dancing with men in the club. And then she started making out with one of them. Which wouldn't be all that shocking....except that she's a lesbian. So yeah, alcohol does crazy stuff I guess. Fortunately I wasn't drunk enough to start making out with girls. Thank Jebus for the little things.
Afterward we went back to Marc's apartment and crashed. The girl who was making out with the boys ended up getting sick. I'm super glad it wasn't me! I shared an air mattress with Phi and we crashed at around 3:30am.
The next morning was awful. It had been a while since I was so hungover. I felt dizzy getting out of bed. We went out to breakfast at this awesome little restaurant around the corner. It was super cheap and really good. I think it was only $35 for 6 people to eat. I started feeling a little sick as I was eating however and had to take it slow.
I started drinking water which helped a little. I should have gotten a gatorade or something like Erika, but I thought there might be a lot of sugar in it.
Most of us were still tired/hungover so we watched TV for a while. Hackers was On Demand, so we watched that. Have you ever seen it? Angelina Jolie looks SO young. And the guy who is now in Eli Stone was in it. I love those older movies that feature technology that were cutting edge at the time the movie was made but look prehistoric today. Like watching saved by the bell and seeing Zak with his gigantor cell phone in his pocket.
After the movie, we loaded up Marc's dogs in the car and drove to the park. I think it was golden gate park, the one right near the bridge. It was a clear day so we had an excellent view. Too bad I forgot my stupid camera. Then we had a late lunch in this awesome Thai restaurant.
I wish the visit was longer, but I had to drive back to San Jose. I was still feeling really tired and hungover when I got back to my aunt's house on Sat. night. I was tempted to go see a movie but ended up going to bed.
The next morning I did an iChat with my cousin and her kids. Macs are really cool and the iChat was fun. Her oldest is 4 and talks like an adult. I want one! After the chat and breakfast, I packed up and headed back to Reno.
I decided it was cheaper to drive back to Reno, even with the gas at the price it was because I had the car for that day anyway. The drive was pretty smooth with no major traffic problems.
I stopped at Ikea hoping to find more stuff to put in my office but didn't find anything I liked. I did buy a big wooden cutting board for the kitchen but that's about it.
Now it's back to work. I'm working on a tedious but time consuming project so at least I'll get some hours in.
It's just the long wait until May 16th that is going to suck.
Tuesday, March 04, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yeah, someday you'll be so drunk you'll make out with girls. It happens to the best of us.
I'm late for tea. Tah!
Post a Comment