I was in the grocery store today and the clerk asked what kind of job I had that required me to wear a suit. So I told her I worked in a law firm and she asked what I did there. So I told her I was an attorney. She proceeded to ask me what my specialty is, as most people do when you tell them you're an attorney.
And then she asked what the difference between an attorney and a lawyer was. I told her it was the same thing, but I prefer to call myself an attorney because some people have an immediate negative reaction when you say you're a lawyer. So for some reason, I think it sounds better to say attorney.
Does it make it sound any better if I say attorney? I mean, my business card says "Attorney at Law". I also think it sounds more professional. But I'm not sure why.
Also, the next time someone says the "The first thing we do is kill all lawyers" is going to get a kick in the face. Shakespeare was not talking about creating a utopia by killing all lawyers. He was talking about what it would take to start a revolution and eliminate the opposition. Meaning that lawyers would stand in the way and protect us.
Monday, March 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
your right, attorney sounds better. Although when I say physician instead of Doctor, people think I'm being pretentious.
I miss you Bengina. When are you coming to visit me?
Attorney sounds more like you're in a super jet and you're flying around all like ZOOOOOOM!
Lawyer sound like you're a hobo and your boot has a hole in it and your big toe is sticking out.
I'm tired and I don't know what I'm typing...
Post a Comment