Wednesday, April 16, 2008

To Everything There Is a Season


I've been in court for the past two weeks watching a trial that I've been helping with. The case is pretty dry and boring, a breach of contract for the sale of property. But it was fun to watch because the two defense lawyers were such complete assholes. They were completely condescending to the witnesses, dragged their asses and made the trial a week longer than it should have been and not once apologized for the jury for having said that they would finish the case last week, only to make it drag on into this week too. So yesterday was the closing argument and as expected they're closings were basically complete fiction. I wanted to go up afterwards and say that it was the best fiction I'd heard since Harry Potter. The jury deliberated until 9pm last night and came back in our favor. So our client wins! Plus we'll likely get attorneys fees, which is always fun.
~~~
Clayton and I drove to Fallon this weekend and bought two puppies. Or I should say he drove and I bought. My parents were visiting my aunt in San Jose, so I took the opportunity to get a dog while they were away. My mom was pretty pissed when she came home, but you can't really stay mad when you have two cute adorable puppy faces staring up at you. The cats hate them, but they're no longer hiding. Molly, my kitty has started to check them out a little. And Dina, the middle cat isn't that afraid. But then again she was the first to warm up to Molly when I brought her home, so that's not surprising.

I'll post pictures of them soon. They're super adorable!
~~~~
I was cleaning up pictures from my camera and realized I had all these photos that I meant to post a long time ago but never got around to. So if you're wondering why you're seeing Christmas photos in April, it's because I was too lazy to post them in December:

Can you guess what the gingerbread house is supposed to be? There's a theme....




No comments: