I wanted something new to read, having finished my Harry Potter withdrawals. I had already read the golden compass books and remembered the Lemony Snicket movie and thinking it was fun.
I asked a friend who was also a big fan of harry potter and she said she liked Lemony Snicket. So I started reading. There are 13 books in all and let me just say what a total ripoff they are. It's a total scam because the first 6 books or so are basically the same format with no plot. Then after that there are little snippets of plot, but a lot more of nothing. Finally, I'm beginning the second to last book and I'm going to be so pissed off if they don't reveal all the mysteries and plots.
There's a basketball pool at work. Not having watched the sports channel very often, I can't say that I knew what I was doing. But I did the Superbowl pool and almost won, so I decided to fill out a couple brackets.
And I'm really not doing half bad. Of course, I had funny reasons for picking the teams that I did. A lot of it was just picking the teams that were ranked higher. But then it was a lot of, I like then name of that school over that one. Or, I hate Texas, so I'm going to choose any team to beat them. I'm actually doing better than Clayton who knows a lot more than I do.
So I've been keeping up on the scores even though I haven't watched any of the games. I have UCLA to win. The pot was over $700 and the winner gets $550 or so. Keep your fingers crossed! I'll buy a round if I win.
~~~
I can't believe April is here already. The passing of March also means that I've been at work for 6 months now. Time has gone by pretty quickly, although it's definitely dragged at times. Let's see if I make it to a year. Ahahahaha.
It also means that I'm only a month and a half from the bar exam scores being released. I'm thinking I might go to Disneyland that weekend. I mean if you're going to fail, you might as well be at the happiest place on earth.
~~~
I also discovered that Pride weekend is the same weekend I'm going to the Cyndi Lauper/B-52's True Colors concert in Berkeley. Which is perfect cause I'll be in the bay area anyway, so I can totally go to the parade and then go to the concert later that evening. Then it's a hop, skip and a jump until Eddie Izzard. Yay!
~~~
This is definitely a random jumble of thoughts. I should update more so that I don't have to try and remember stuff that I meant to post but was too lazy/busy to post.
Sunday, March 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment