Friday, February 29, 2008

So Long Bar Exam

Well it is finally over. Hopefully (fingers crossed) the last bar exam I will ever have to take.

I still didn't feel as nervous or anxious about it as I did in Nevada. Everyone was all freaked out because last year the bar examiners expanded two of the topics: Evidence and Civil Procedure to include California distinctions. Meaning, there is a body of law known as the "majority" that the bar tests. It's general laws that apply almost everywhere. And then there are "distinctions", things that the state recognizes but are not recognized by the "majority" or the federal law.

So they haven't tested it since they expanded the topics. Everyone was certain they would be tested. So of course we all spent time studying them....and then they didn't show up.

Instead, our day 3 essays were Wills/Trusts, Community property (Yay!), and a nasty Corporations/Agency/Professional Responsibility question.

The last question honestly reminded me of a NV question. It was convoluted and included so many topics. Which is why I feel that CA has it easy because we had 3 questions like that on our bar exam and they only had one. I'm not sure how I did. Two questions told us to apply CA law, but I didn't know any CA distinctions for Trusts.

The performance test was super involved, but I think I did ok. I ran out of time before I could add the last sentence though. Haha. Oh well. We'll see what happens in May.

I feel super wired right now. I'm at my aunt's house in San Jose. After the exam, I went back to the hotel where I was staying, even though I had checked out that morning to steal their WiFi access because I had to upload my exam answers to the Examsoft website and the test center didn't have internet access.

Tomorrow I'm taking my aunt to see Cirque du Soleil. Their new traveling show is in town and I love me some Cirque. I was kinda disappointed by their last traveling show, so I'm hoping this one is better.

Tomorrow night I'm hopefully meeting up with Mateo and then going to a b-day party for Erika. I'm sure it will be full of shenanigans and some much needed alcohol. WOoo alcohol.

Ok, I'm gonna try to get some sleep. Maybe if I just sit quietly, I won't feel as wired.

No comments: