Um yeah, so another big gap between posts. Blame it on studying for the bar exam.
Speaking of, the CA bar exam is in 1 week. I'm kinda freaking out because I don't feel prepared. I know I said the same thing before NV, but this time it's really true. I haven't been able to study as much because I've been working full time.
I'm taking next week off to study and then the week after I'll be gone for the exam. It kinda sucks that this "mini-vacation" is not really a vacation at all. It's time off, but I'll have to really hunker down and study. BOOO.
Tonight during dinner we were watching some nature show on PBS about the mating habits of birds. It was pretty interesting because it was all about these polygamous birds. There was an ostrich in Argentina that has a harem of females. And he mates with them and then he builds a nest and then the females come and lay eggs. Then the male raises them by himself and the females go off to find another male to mate with so he can hoard there eggs. It said the male could have up to 40 eggs in his nest.
Yeah, so then there was this other bird where the female mates with a male. But then an "alpha male" comes along. He doesn't want to mate with her because she's already mated. So he pecks at her vagina until she expels the sperm from the other male. And he keeps doing it until the other male's sperm is gone. Then he'll mate with her. By doing this, the female assures that there are 2 males who think they're dad and will care for the chicks.
And because I learned that, I forgot the elements of the insanity defense. Stupid nature!
Sunday, February 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment