So after the movie, I turned to my brother and said that I predicted that Cloverfield would be at the top of the box office it's opening weekend by a large margin. But that the 2nd weekend, it was going to drop more than 50%.
And I was right. It took in 40 some odd million dollars in its first weekend. This weekend, it dropped 68% to come in at number 4. It's totally because word of mouth is going around about the movie. I'm still pissed off that I saw it.
And now I'm even more determined that I'm not going to watch LOST when it starts again on Thursday. There are supposedly 3 more 16 episode seasons, instead of just having 2 more regular seasons. I'll just wait until it goes on DVD and then decide if I want to watch it.
Plus I should be studying anyway.
The studying has gotten better. I've been doing more practice tests. I've figured I'll be good if I can get through 2 topics a week. So far I'm on schedule. But some of the subjects are HUGE. Like real property is an enormous subject. I don't know if I can do that and another subject in one week.
I'm just glad that CA doesn't test on subjects like secured transactions and commercial paper. Those are fucking hard subjects with all these stupid rules to remember.
Work has also been picking up, so I don't have to worry about the managing partner saying anything about my hours. It's so strange. Last month I had to ask for work twice and still didn't get more than 100 hours.
This month, I haven't had to ask for work and it just keeps coming in. I'm happy about it, but it also sucks because there are nights when I probably should stay late, but don't because I still need to come home to study.
I'll be glad when March rolls around.
Sunday, January 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Have you seen Untraceable yet? It's pretty good, and it has awesome views of PDX. It was filmed down the street from my sister's apartment.
I still want to see Cloverfield, eventually. Good review on NPR, so it must not be all bad, that's my motto.
Post a Comment