Last week was spring break, but I didn't get to do anything fun. I have never taken a real spring break vacation the whole time I've been in school. I should have just booked a trip to Las Vegas when I first thought about it, but I didn't.
I came back to Reno but I didn't get to stay long nor did I get to go out and play while I was there. As you might remember, my paper was selected for publication in the law review. Well, I had gotten back the "primary edit" of the article the week before spring break and then had 2 weeks to work on it. I couldn't do it the week before break because I was on call in evidence, so I was frantically trying to get caught up with the reading so that I would know what the hell was going on. Good thing I did, because I didn't screw up in class.
So I planned to devote some time to the edit over break.....except that I forgot to bring my fucking laptop power cord with me. I left it in Berkeley. After about 2 hours my laptop died and I couldn't work on the paper anymore. So I had to cut my trip short and come back to Berkeley so I could finish the damn paper.
It took me longer than expected and was a shitty way to spend break. BOOOOO.
But! I did get an email this morning from someone at Lambda Legal, this LGBT legal association - they want an advance copy of my paper because they're handling an appeal in California on the exact topic that my paper covers. Yay! It's so exciting to know that my paper may actually do some good instead of just talking about it as theoretical bullshit.
Don't worry, I'll send everyone signed copies of the issue when it's published in October. Yay!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Right now there's about 2 weeks of school left before we have our "review" period and then finals. I'm a little scared. I can't believe how quickly it has gone. The first year dragged on but the last 2 years flew by. Where the hell did that time go?
I got my graduation announcements and need to send those out soon and I should probably start rounding up boxes to pack up my apartment. I have to move back to Reno the week immediately following graduation because my bar review class starts the following Monday.
Then it's the worst 2 and a half months of my life. But then I'll be going to London and Scotland! I'm excited about that. So if you've ever been there and have any advice on places to go, people to see, let me know!
Friday, April 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
can I get 500 copies so I can make it into wallpaper?
Can you sign all of them?
Post a Comment