Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Wheee!

I got my stimulus check a week ago from the "Decider" and decided to do my part to stimulate the economy. So I went out and bought a Nintendo Wii.

This was a big deal because I haven't had a new video game system since Super Nintendo. Clayton got a sega genesis saturn one year for Christmas but we never really played it. So far I've only bought mario kart, but we've rented a few games. I hate the idea of buying a $50-60 game and then deciding I hate it. So I've got a few from blockbuster. But even then it's like 7 dollars to rent a game for a week. Total ripoff, but there's really no alternative unless I decide to sign up for gamefly or some other game rental program like netflix.

Smashbrothers is pretty fun, I think I'll buy that. I also want to buy guitar hero but I haven't see the extra guitar anywhere and it's not really fun playing with one.

Anyone have good game recommendations?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I got my admissions packet from California. The swearing in ceremony is in June and then I'll be officially licensed in two states. Yay! One of the partners mentioned he might have a hearing for me to go to in CA in June. Ahahaha. Here I thought it was just another "trophy" to hang on my wall, I didn't think there would be extra work involved with it. But that's exciting, I wonder where in CA the hearing is. I'm guessing it's somewhere in Truckee or Sacramento. But that'd be fun if it was in L.A. I'll let you know.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The car auction was a bust, I didn't end up going. The cars they had to choose from were pretty slim and the ones I might be interested in got the same or worse gas mileage than my current car. Right now gas mileage is the number one factor followed by price followed by style. I was looking at the hybrids, but not sure if it would really help. I read somewhere that on commutes the gas engine runs. The electric engine only kicks in when you're stopping or slowing down. So it might not really end up saving me all that much gas anyway. I guess it could help in a couple years if I move to Reno, but for now I don't know if it's worth the extra cost.

Any ideas on fun gas friendly vehicles? I'm looking at a toyota and Nissan. They have nice looking cars that aren't too bad on the pocketbook.

I totally had to take a step back because I get focused (read: obsessed) about things. Once I get something in my head, I obsess about it. The puppies are a great example. I get impatient and impulsive and want it right away, which is probably a bad thing. So I'm going to really try and do my homework so that I get something good and don't get robbed by the dealer.

Although I heard if you buy through their "internet department" the salespeople aren't as pushy because they are going for volume of cars sold and not price, like the floor dealers.

1 comment:

Jeimeken said...

you should take ford's friend ryan to buy a car. he worked at subaru and sold cars, he's got the inside scoop.