It turns out I was nervous/anxious for nothing.
Although I must say, they tell you if you passed in a really fucked up way. In NV, they just post the list online for everyone to see.
In California, on Friday at 6pm (why 6pm?) you can go to the state bar website to check the results. We were given an application number and file number which are essentially the 'User name" and "password".
You put in your app and file number and click "check results". If you passed, it takes you to a page that looks like the image posted above. If you didn't pass, it won't let you login.
Of course, if you enter your username or password wrong it wouldn't let you log in. So you could totally have a major moment of panic/agony only to realize you typed something wrong.
I came home and had a shot of tequila. It was from the good bottle that I got after college graduation (which I didn't open till I graduated law school) and the only other time I had some was after i passed the NV bar.
So I had a shot, made sure my family double checked the numbers I typed in and clicked check results. Lo and behold there was my name! Sunday at 6am the list appears online to the public.
I guess if you didn't pass you could lie to everyone for 2 days before they could verify what you said.
I'm very excited! Although I did drink too much too quickly last night. I got the spins and felt sick. But when I tried to throw up, nothing would come up. I just had to ride it out. I feel ok this morning because I drank a couple of really big glasses of iced tea after I stopped drinking.
This morning I'm going to go to a car auction and maybe buy a new (used) car. I'll let you know.

No comments:
Post a Comment