I'm almost finished with my family law outline. Well, I'm almost caught up. I'll have to update it as class continues, but it's almost current. Yay!
I'm glad I started it now and didn't wait until finals. Let's hope it makes a difference on the exam.
Still not sure what to do about real estate transactions. I don't really go to class because the professor doesn't teach us anything. He literally spends class periods telling us about deals that he's done or clients he's had. He also uses the most bizarre metaphors. They are so abstract, that I don't know how they can possibly help. I'll post some of them later. So I'd rather sleep in and teach it to myself later. Besides, I'd be perfectly happy getting a P in that class. I haven't done any of the reading, so I need to decide if I want to skim it in order to craft together some sort of outline or just find one from someone else. I think I might actually find an outline and then just skim the reading to make sure it's still current.
I got most of the classes I wanted for next semester, although my schedule is still in flux. I need to decide what I want to take. I'm taking Evidence, Federalism and the Family, Criminal Procedure, and Partnerships and LLCs.
So here's the dilemma. Criminal Procedure is a bar course, meaning it's tested on the bar exam. Now, it's not a required class but anything that helps with the bar is generally good. However, I'm going to take a bar review course where I'll learn all the criminal procedure I'll need for the exam. Also, I don't plan on practicing criminal law, so I don't know if I'll need more than this rudimentary understanding of criminal procedure.
Criminal procedure conflicts with Partnerships and LLCs. The benefits of this class are it's only a month long, January - February. After then I'm done with it. PLUS, there is likely going to be some drafting exercises, where we get to draft documents (or at least I hope). I'm leaning towards taking this because it might actually help me in practice.
There was also a class in Drafting Documents for Small Business that I really wanted to take. You learn how to draft articles of incorporation, leases, deeds, etc. But it conflicts with Evidence. Boo! Every other semester they offer 2 classes of evidence, this semester only one.
But I can't drop evidence because it's being taught by that superstar Professor that everyone raves about.
Then I still need to pick up another class. I only need 12 credits this semester to graduate. yay! I'll probably take First Amendment law, which is also tested on the bar.
And I'm sure this is all very thrilling to you, my 3 readers. hahaha. I'm gonna go watch last week's episode of The Office on tivo.
So excited about the election next week!
Saturday, November 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment