I had my first exam this morning - Estates and Trusts. It was semi-brutal. There were 2 essays and short answer, and 5 multiple choice questions.
OMG, I almost forgot to mention --- Janet Reno was one of our exam proctors. Well not really, but I swear this woman could be a body double. She had the short hair cut and the same kind of glasses and looked EXACTLY like Janet Reno.
The first essay was a race-horse, there were so many issues I couldn't spot them all. Indeed, I spotted another one right as they called 1 minute remaining and I panicked and couldn't write anything down. But I believe i covered most of it pretty well.
I also had a "I am so smart, SMRT" moment. The 2nd essay was a "policy" question. It asked us to evaluate the pros/cons of this probate provision.
So here is my favorite exam moment EVER - as I'm reading the question I'm a little freaked out because I hadn't really looked at this provision in depth. Indeed, we hadn't gone over it in class in depth either. I may have mentioned, when I did my outline I basically found one posted online and then used it as a template and added in my own notes where appropriate.
So I'm flipping through the outline and the very LAST page is a whole section DIRECTLY ON POINT for this question. I almost started laughing. This section had everything for the essay - it listed all the short comings of this probate section, plus all of the benefits. Basically I just had to go down the list, look up the relevant code provisions and write the essay. Afterwards everyone was complaining about it, hahahahahahah. SUCKERS!
The multiple choice sucked though. It was only 5 questions, BUT the fact pattern was so perplexing. This guy had 5 kids, all of whom were dead. These 5 kids had 12 children among them, some of whom were also dead. These grandkids then had their own kids. All in all there were like 30 people in the scenario and we had to figure out who got what if the great grand father dies without a will.
The "suggested time" to complete the multiple choice: 10 minutes. I took 15 minutes just to diagram the stupid thing! Even then I couldn't figure it out.
Oh well. I'm totally content. I could have done more, but really I'm not hounding for grades anymore.
I also have my list of funny professor quotes that i'll post later. For now I might go take a nap or maybe I'll start studying for tomorrow. I haven't decided.
I'd love to stay and chat, but you're a total bitch. -- Stewie Griffin
Thursday, May 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
What ever happened to "see you in the car" ?
I'm proud of your SMRT moment. I know how few and far between those lucky breaks come. Hooray for the big fat H (or was it HH?) you're going to get in Estates.
I think the grandpa left all his money to the cat.
Post a Comment