Saturday, March 04, 2006

Woohoo

Holy crap. It's 3:00am and I'm still up. But it's done, I have an introduction! It took me so fucking long to get going. I had the biggest mental block and the worst case of attention deficit disorder.

I sat down to start working on it and then I started surfing blogs, which led to looking on myspace. I couldn't believe how many people from high school are on that thing. I know Pajama mentioned that, but really it was shocking.

Then I finally got bored of that and started writing some more. I don't know if it's any good and I may have to re-write it, but I have 5 pages written with footnotes baby!

Here's the updated first paragraph. I think it flows a little better.

John and Dan met in 1985 during their freshman year of college. They were introduced through a mutual friend and began dating shortly after. Like any whirlwind romance, it was not long before they had fallen in love. Shortly after graduating in 1989, John got a job in Marin County, California and they made a decision to relocate to be closer to his work. They moved into an apartment where they shared the rent and various living expenses. John and Dan both began working and life continued happily for several years.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Still not a best-selling novel, but I think it's less technical than before. I thought about having them meet at a Cher concert, with John wearing body glitter and bubble-gum lip gloss and Dan in high-heeled leather boots and a pink boa but then thought it might be a little over the top. Ha ha ha ha.

Any suggestions? I'm also not sure about their names. I'm thinking about making them lesbians.

2 comments:

Jeimeken said...

I like the names because it sort of seems like it could be "any man." If that makes sense...

If anyone out there knows why a carbonic anhydrase inhibitor is good to take at high altitudes... let me know.

Mateo said...

joan and danielle - gimme lesbians! everyone loves the girl on girl shite...