Tuesday, March 14, 2006

American Express Sucks

You know those credit card applications that seem to flood the mailbox? And how in some of them, they might have a fake plastic card. Like "look at this fabulous card that you will get for real if you sign up".

So I opened the application for an American Express card, because I shred all of my junk mail now. So I pull off the fake card and set it on my laptop, which was open. As I'm unfolding the application to put it in the shredder, I notice in small print where the card had bin "Card is actually a magnet"

WHAT?! You stupid bastards. Fortunately, I had a magazine sitting on top of the keyboard, so the magnet didn't actually touch the computer. But if I had, I would have been screwed. Why the hell would they make that card a magnet? Like anyone is actually going to put that on their fridge?

I should have sent them a hate letter or something for the brief moment of panic that they caused me. Talk about negligent infliction of emotional distress - Yay law school!

My shiny, and I do mean SHINY copy of Harry Potter 4 came today. I ordered it from overstock.com. It's the special 2-Disc version and the box it comes in is all metallic silver. So shiny. I really want to watch it right now, but I'm still working on my paper.

My paper is about 28 pages right now and I still have a chunk to do. I think all my "substantive" discussion is done, now I just need to crank out 12+ of bullshit. Fabulous!

Also, to the guy who took my seat in class today. I hate you. Just because I miss a week of class, does not give you the right to sit in my assigned seat. But I'm too passive aggressive to say anything to him directly. Ha ha. So tomorrow I'll just get to class early.

1 comment:

Jeimeken said...

I haven't had assigned seating since 9th grade.

Sorry about the Amex card.

Did you sign me up for the Southern Poverty Law Center?