I'm thinking of staying home tomorrow to watch the inauguration. Sure they're going to replay it all day and probably for the next week, but I like the idea of watching it live. Or I'll at least stay home the morning and maybe go in tomorrow afternoon. It's not like I have anything pressing sitting on my desk. And I'll likely have to ask for work anyway. Yay pretend sick day!
~~~~~~~~
I made a turkey dinner yesterday....just because I could? My mom promised she would make me a turkey for my birthday because we usually have ham at Christmas and I don't really like ham. So since it was 3 day weekend, I decided I wanted to learn how to cook a turkey dinner. It's not all that hard really, just really time consuming because you have so many things going on.
The turkey is gross. I always thought it just magically appears in the oven. I mean, you wake up and BAM, turkey is already cooking. It's kinda gross that they stuff the neck and gizzards inside. And then there's still gross parts that need to be pulled out.
I also learned to make the stuffing and I love that my mom doesn't really have a recipe. It's just like eyeballing how much onion and celery are in the pan. And then dousing in some chicken stock and poultry seasoning.
Now I have one more recipe to add to my aresenal when I quit and go to pastry school.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I finally beat Zelda on the Wii! But now I'm going through withdrawals because I have nothing to play. There's always guitar hero, but that gets a little old after a while, plus it makes my wrist start cramping up. I'm totally going to get a Wii injury, I know it.
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment