What I really really want.....
Yesterday morning I got an email saying that I had been chosen at random to receive the presale code to purchase tickets for the Spice Girls concert. Now a few months ago when I heard about the reunion tour, I signed up on the webpage for a chance to buy tickets, not thinking it would actually happen. In fact, I had completely forgotten about it until I got that email.
So the tickets went on sale yesterday morning. Apparently the tickets for the show in London sold out in 38 seconds. I wasn't sure if I wanted to actually buy tickets. I'd like to see the show myself, but I don't know if I could find anyone to go with me.
But then I got the bright idea to buy extra tickets and then try to sell them on ebay. Some people were even trying to sell their presale codes. Not sure if it worked, but the first few were listed at 300+. I hope no one was stupid enough to buy that.
Anywho, so I hemmed and hawed and finally bought 6 tickets. Ahahaha, I know. And I actually got pretty good seats too. If you take a look at ebay right now, it's flooded with tickets. So I'm thinking I'll wait a little while before putting mine up for sale. I'm hoping to earn my money back, but wouldn't it be awesome if I made more than that?
I'm still thinking of going to the show. Does anyone want to come with me? It's December 8th in Las Vegas. I won't even charge you my usual scalping fee. Seriously though, let me know if you'd like to go. I think it would be fun, in a campy sort of way. Plus it's Vegas!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I was walking into the kitchen last night and saw something scurrying on the floor. Can anyone guess what it was?
Yes, that's right. It was a black widow. A HUGE BLACK WIDOW crawling across the kitchen floor. The only light on was the light over the oven. So I couldn't tell it was a black widow. I could only see that it was a very large black spider.
Fortunately I was wearing hard sole slippers, so I was able to kill it before it crawled under the oven. Ugh! I hate spiders so much. Now I want to get the house fumigated or something. Isn't it too cold for fucking black widows?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Work is unbearable when it is slow, especially because I have to keep track of my time in 6 minute increments. Have you ever tried that? I hate it. So I had nothing to do last Friday and half of the partners were gone and the other half didn't have work for me. So I only billed 4 hours. My paycheck doesn't depend on my hours, but I still have to meet a yearly billable requirement. I forget what it is, but it's still a pain in the ass.
It picked up a little this week, but I'm dreading the next moment when I run out of work. Bleh!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Went to the candy dance last weekend with mom. It has gotten a lot bigger than I remember! I think we walked the whole thing. I bought a big glazed mug for tea and this neat toy that you can use to blow enormous bubbles.
Why are the weekends so damn short!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Finally, one of the partners grades the bar exam. In fact, he wrote one of the questions. So he told me that the examiners met this past weekend to finalize the scores. Yeah, so the scores are done, but I still have to wait 2 more weeks to get the results. WTF?
Anyway, he told me that the pass rate this year was 66%. It's unbelievable, because i was sure that the pass rate was going to be the opposite - around 44%. But he said 66, which is the highest it's been in a few years.
I don't know what to make of it. I thought it was an incredibly difficult exam, with all the crazy cross-over questions. Maybe they had to do some serious curving.
Tuesday, October 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I think it's an unwritten law of nature:
The bigger the test, the more you think you failed it. But consider the math... Funk Soul Brother graduated from a top tier law school, most likely in the upper portion of his class - this already puts you at like the top 5% of all law students. The odds, strictly in the Casino sense, are very favorable that you passed.
When you get the results, call me and we'll go out.
I kinda want to go see the spice girls... don't tell Ford.
Post a Comment