I went and saw the ABBA show "Dancing Queen" at the Eldorado with my mom last week. I wanted to go see Mamma Mia in S.F. but I was kinda broke and didn't want to drive all the way there by myself.
So we went and saw the show instead. It was awesome. My only complaint was that it was only about an hour and ten minutes long. Doesn't seem long enough for a $35 ticket.
There are 4 leads who sing and then there's a company of backup dancers. My mom and I were in the 2nd row, which was weird because we were almost close enough to touch the stage. So I almost started laughing the first few times the dancers came right up to the edge of the stage.
It's also funny because the audience was so mixed. There were definitely a lot of gays, but since it was Street Vibrations there were actually a few bikers in there too. You haven't seen it all unless you've seen a burly biker rocking out to ABBA.
Some of the dancer's costumes were kinda risque. I wasn't really expecting a burlesque type show. But I can't complain about the male dancers. They put on the gayest version of YMCA that I've ever seen. The show's here until November, so I think I might go see it again after bar results come out...either to celebrate or to wallow in my misery.
Today the office closed early, so I went to a movie. Ahahahaha. I wish I could sneak out all the time and go to an afternoon movie.
I'd talk about work, but I don't want to fall prey to one of those people who gets caught writing stuff about their office in a blog and then gets fired. So I'll have to save that stuff for emails and phone calls. Or else I'll start an annonymous blog. We'll see.
Wednesday, September 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
your blog is kinda anonymous... although a good private detective could find it pretty quick. I hate that part about blogger... it's attached permanently to your gmail, so anybody can figure out who you are. Lame.
Post a Comment