Here are some pictures from the Solano Stroll. It was pretty neat. They shut down the whole street, which is about a mile and a half and it turns into a big street fair.
The only bad part was the people. So it was pretty crowded to begin with. But then people just had to bring their dogs. WTF? Leave your dogs at home. So then people had to stop and look at the dogs or the dogs had to smell each other. And you had to be careful not to step on the dogs. It's a traffic jam to begin with but worse with the dogs.
Then people had strollers. Trying to navigate a stroller through a crowd of people and their dogs is not easy. But there was a lot going on, so people pushing strollers are not paying attention, causing even more traffic jams.
I walked up to the top of the street looking at stuff on one side and then back down looking at the other. There was lots of food vendors, but I only bought a slice of pizza from Zachary's. Mmmm Zachary's.
I was going to buy a tye dye t-shirt, but it was $45. So I passed.
The theme was "Send in the Clowns" or something. This was on the main stage. Creepiest. Clown. Ever.

This guy's name was Professor Amazing or something weird. But he was playing Obladi Oblada on that contraption he's holding, so it was pretty cool:

They had a booth set up for adopting Greyhounds and they had a bunch of dogs. I think they look like little horses:

These drummers were at the very top of the street. I love the sound of a good drum. If I'm ever in war, I wanna be the one playing the war drums.

This wasn't from the fair, but it was on the camera. The only day I got up to Lake Tahoe and the water was like this. Totally not suitable for a floaty, so I was disappointed:

No comments:
Post a Comment