Tuesday, August 08, 2006

This Just In

Sorry to interrupt your admiration of my adorable kittens, but we have breaking news.

So I got an email last week saying that I had not won that LGBT writing contest. Bastards! But she did tell me that I was in the top 25%. I should have entered the good paper I had but instead I decided to write one at the last minute because I still want to submit the "good" paper to the California Law Review. So hopefully that one will still get published.

But this afternoon, I got a 2nd email from the California Bar section on Labor and Employment. I had written another short paper and entered it into this writing competition and I won honorable mention! The website said it was supposed to be a $1000 prize, but apparently they picked 2 honorable mentions, so it's just $500. Still, it's a good chunk of money for a few hours of work. Woot!

I was also invited to sit on a panel at the conference they're having for the elimination of bias in the legal profession and "serve as questioner" for the transgender attorney. I'm not exactly sure what that means.

I better get back to work, so I now return you to your regularly scheduled kitten adoration....

1 comment:

Fordness said...

I got honorable mention at my elementary school science fair!

......... uh ........

Hi Ben