OMG, it's been forever. So long in fact, I almost forgot that I had a blog. Lots o' stuff to write about but didn't really feel like sitting down and writing it out.
This has been a drama filled week at work. The firm represents the woman who was killed by her husband, the man who then went on to shoot the judge that I worked for last summer. I'm waiting for a news story that they caught him at the border with dyed hair and a beard...like Scott Petersen. This whole week the office has been on "lockdown" so I have to fumble with 2 different keys whenever I want to get anywhere else in the office. I guess it's just good that my office has no outward facing windows.
Yeah, so I've been working almost a month now. It's going pretty well. Some of the stuff they give me is super boring. But I guess that's to be expected. I am excited about this dog bite case that I've been working on. This dog has bitten at least 3 people and the owner's don't give a shit. So I hope we take them for every penny. Or at least convince a judge to order the dog destroyed.
I actually have my own office and not a cubicle in the library like the runners/file clerks do. Which is pretty cool. The only problem is that there is a file cabinet in my office and the bitchiest secretary in the office comes in at least once a day. Honestly, I don't know what I did or what her problem is, but she's whoretastic.
The paychecks are awfully nice though. Totally makes up for the mindnumbing aspects of the job. But it sucks because then I have to turn around and pay bills and rent. Booo! I want to try to save something up for a vacation next year, but we'll see how it goes.
In a week I have to go back to Berkeley to do law review. It's totally going to suck because the piece I have to work on has to do with Russia and/or Russian law, which means that there will probably be many missing sources, making my job 10 times harder. Oh well, at least it's a week off from work. I'll consider it a mini-vacation even if my eyes are bleeding.
My trip to Vegas before work started was super fun! I flew down and my mommy flew down and met me. I paid for most of the trip using the rest of my student loans. We stayed at the Excalibur so it was like two Queens in the castle. hahahaha.
The first night we went and saw Avenue Q. It was fantastic! Probably my favorite musical next to Wicked. It was really funny and there are Sesame Street looking puppets that swear and have raunchy puppet sex! I don't know if it's going to start touring once it leaves Las Vegas, but you should see it if you have a chance.
Oh yeah, so the shows we saw were both at the new casino the "Wynn". The hotel is nothing fancy on the outside, although the windows are this cool bronze color. I bet planes are blinded flying over the city.
I couldn't decide what other show to see. I kinda wanted to see Mamma Mia again, but my mom said we should see something new. So I thought we should see a Cirque Du Soleil show. But their new show Ka - the one about martial arts and fire had crappy seats. It was like $90 for a seat on the extreme side of the theater.
Then I saw there was a "cirque style" show at the Wynn where we saw Avenue Q. So I got tickets to that. It was a MAJOR letdown. It was a water show, so I thought it would be like Cirque's "O", but it wasn't. It was funny because they have these swimmers wearing these lizard/dragon costumes swimming around in the water. And then they'll hop out and slink around for a while before diving back in. Definitely bizarre.
The show itself was boring. "O" has a lot of diving and water acrobatics, this show just had feats of strength and dancing. Like 2 guys come out and one holds the other up with one hand, etc. But that was also the best part of the show. Half naked men in the water. hahahaha.
Our seats were in the aisle, right next to one of the "tunnels" that the performs come out of. So on the other side of the railing there were stairs that the performers would run up and crouch on. So I was close enough to reach over and push one of them off the ledge.
We almost didn't get to see the show because the man at the door said our tickets had the wrong date on them. I don't know how it happened, but they were for a week prior. Fortunately the manager came over and radioed to someone and we actually managed to get seats 1 row behind where we were supposed to sit.
The same thing almost happened at Avenue Q. We were sitting in the seats and someone else showed up and said they had the same seats. Then the people behind us said that they had the same problem too. An usher reseated those people, but I can't figure out how the computer screwed up my ticket order. Oh well, it all worked out.
Although I should have seen Mamma Mia instead.
Then my mom and I walked along the strip. They changed the pirate ships outside the Treasure Island. Instead of pirates fighting, one ship is filled with pirates and the other ship is filled with prostitutes. Well technically they're supposed to be "Sirens". So they sing and lull the pirates into submission.
But they looked and danced like prostitutes. They were total Pussycat Doll wanna bes. Horrible!
Then we saw the mirage volcano which is always fun. The best part however, was the fountains at Bellagio. I never knew that they danced to music. But they do! I am so easily entertained I could have watched it all night.
It was also funny because there were a LOT of wedding parties, in their full wedding clothes walking the strip. There is nothing classier than a drunk bride, hiking up her wedding dress so that she doesn't trip on it while walking down the strip.
I'm excited because next weekend is S.F. Pride and I'm going to go with the girls! It'll be my first time at a pride parade, so I'm very excited.
Gonna go see if my mommy will go to the movies with me. Ta ta for now.
Saturday, June 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment