My laptop has been getting really hot lately, even if I only have it on for an hour or so. This being a Dell, it's prone to problems. Just a month ago, I had to replace the AC adapter power cord and got a new DVD+RW drive because it wouldn't burn DVD's.
And only a few months after I got it during 1L year, I needed to have the LCD screen replaced because the backlight burned out. All in all a crappy time with this computer.
My friend has a Dell and she had this overheating problem, so she contacted Dell. They ended up sending her a new laptop.
So I figured since mine was overheating, I might be able to get a new computer as well. The first person I spoke to wanted to send a technician out to replace the cooling fan, which was complete BS.
I told her that I would not be able to be home during business hours and I really didn't want to wait around for someone to come fix it. I had run a diagnostic test on the cooling fan and it said it was working correctly.
Fortunately I got disconnected from the help "chat" somehow and when I signed back on, I got a different person. This tech told me to run the diagnostic test and then come back. Then I finally got a 3rd person who said they would just replace the computer.
Yay! So now they're sending me a new laptop. My friend said that they no longer carried her laptop, so they gave her an upgrade. I'm hoping the same thing happens with mine.
Unfortunately, they'll probably send it through DHL again, which will be a pain in the ass. But it's on it's way and will be here in 10-15 days.
Then I went to Best Buy because last weekend they had these "cooling pads" on sale. Basically you sit your computer on it and the pad has 2 fans in it that are supposed to keep the computer cool. But I guess the sale was over because it was $32 when before it was only 19.99. I'll see if I can get one on ebay.
I am so happy I spent the extra money for the extended 3 year warranty. The computer may be crappy, but Dell really does have good customer service. No hassle when it comes to replacing or fixing stuff.
I've been watching Little Britain on DVD from Netflix. That show is so funny! I wish I had BBC America in Berkeley because I'd love to watch the newer episodes.
The rest of the family finds some of it funny but not as funny as I do. I love British humor! ahahahaha.
Also, who wants to go with me to L.A. to see Eddie Izzard? He's not touring, but sometimes he does random gigs in L.A. I still don't understand why they haven't released Sexie on DVD in the USA. They released a Region 2 DVD but not one for Region 1. And I'm not sure if our DVD player is all region encoded so I don't want to spend the money getting one on ebay if it won't work.
Computer says no!
Sunday, June 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment