Saturday, October 11, 2008

Long Time No See

Oh blog, how I have forsaken thee!

I suck at this blogging thing. I have ideas for posts and then I get too lazy or busy and just don't post and suddenly a month has passed. I'm not going to say I'll get better because I know that promise will get broken.

It's also kinda boring to just keep talking about work, as that is all my life has become, well that and going to the gym. So let's talk about that.
~~~
I've been going to the gym pretty regularly for the past 2 months and I feel good. I should have been doing it all along, lord knows I was still paying for the membership and it was just going unused.

I try to do about 90 minutes a day but I usually take a day or two off, usually the weekends. I'm only doing cardio because I don't know how to use the weights and am afraid I would either hurt myself or do something wrong, causing a scene and embarassing myself so badly that I could never return to 24 hour fitness. I'm sure I could ask a trainer to show me a few things but haven't worked up to asking.

Who knew that jogging was fun? Although I need some anti-chafing nipple tape. TMI I know, but what do I do other than just put a bandaid on? Do they sell special tape for that?

Also, I like how 24 hour is set up because the cardio is upstairs and several of the treadmills overlook the weight floor. So I can watch all the eye candy as I jog. It's very satisfying. But why is it that only the old men are naked in the locker room? I mean there's definitely plenty of meat in the gym, but only old guys seem to be changing. Ahahahahaha.
~~~~~~

We're interviewing summer clerks at work for next summer, and I'm not really sure why. We had 3 clerks this summer and so far I got an email saying that one of them accepted an offer for employment starting next year. And the fact that we're now looking for a clerk for next summer makes me wonder whether the other 2 clerks got offers? Either they didn't get offers or one or both did and we're just looking for summer help? I have no idea. But work was pretty slow for the past 2 months. I hate having to ask for work.

It makes me paranoid when I have to keep sending out emails to ask for work. It makes me wonder if my work quality is suffering and no one wants to give me work. My secretary said something when I started that you may not get feedback but you'll know if you're doing a bad job because the work will dry up. So whenever it gets slow I get paranoid. But then the other new associate who started in September is looking for work a lot, so I know I'm not alone.

Plus, the managing parter came by a few weeks ago and said that the partners held the annual associate review. He said that the partners who attended were pleased with my work and that I am "still a keeper". I also got a nice little raise! So yay for that.

My mom says I need to start saving for a downpayment on a house. It's probably not a bad idea what with the housing market in the crapper and all. Plus it would be nice to live closer to town. I just need to find a place with a pool. I wonder if I should go for a condo or a neighborhood that has a pool or try to find a house with its own pool in the backyard. Anyone want to come be my roommate? I wonder how much I need to save for the downpayment.
~~~

I'm going to volunteer to be a poll watcher for the Obama campaign. They have this "Counsel for Change" for attorneys and law students to be election monitors to prevent voter fraud and the such. There's a 2 hour training and then dates to work during early voting and then on election day itself. Plus I might go work as a canvasser. My parents are going to knock on doors tomorrow. I'll be damned if I'm going to watch McCain win. I'll move to London and become a real barrister first!

1 comment:

Jeimeken said...

Yay! Barrister Benjamin!

Pools are a lot of work... but if you have your own pool, you can have your own pool boy.

I'd be your roommate but I'm never home and I leave the toilet seat down.