I had a bad reaction to an allergy shot today. It was weird how quickly it happened. I've been getting them for a few months now and I was almost at the "maintenance" stage where I would only have to come in for a shot once a month.
After the shot, I immediately sneezed a few times and then my nose started to run. Then my face felt really flush and I got sweaty. Not long after I started to wheeze a little. I don't want to say my throat started to close because that sounds too dramatic, but my breathing did become a little labored. I told the nurse and the doctor gave me a shot of epinephrine (spelling?). I had my epi-pen in my pocket and was thinking about using it but the doctor gave me the shot. He also gave me an anti-histamine. As I was sitting there, I noticed that I had developed hives covering both arms.
It was weird because before this I only had minor reactions, a little runny nose and maybe a little mosquito bite like bump near the injection site. So as a result of this, he's going to decrease my dosage 10 fold and hold me there until December. So much for all the progress I had made. I mean I understand wanting to hold back, but it still stinks.
In other news, I'm loving the Olympics. I normally hate watching any kind of sports on TV. I'll watch just about anything in person but don't like it on the television. The olympics are a major exception. I just can't get enough of it. There's really no event that's not fun to watch. I'm loving the swimming. Michael Phelps is awesome and pretty to look at. It's perfect because I can watch 2 weeks worth of televised sports and then have enough to satisfy me for 2 years until the next winter/summer olympics.
Monday, August 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Don't you ever try to stop breathing on me again mister! Damnnit I got too much stuff to deal with to have you try and die of anaphylactic shock. And aren't those divers heavenly to look at? Mmm mmm mm yum.
Post a Comment