You can look at the entire set at: Pride Photo Album
I drove down to Palo Alto and met Jalila and her girlfriend and we road Caltrain up to the city and then hopped on the Muni. I probably could have taken BART into the city from my apartment, but I thought it was better to go with friends. I forgot to bring sunscreen, so I was burned to a crisp.

We get off the Muni and take the escalator up to the street level. But I can already see that there is trouble waiting for us.

There were protestors holding big signs and shouting stuff. I can't remember what they were saying because I was laughing too hard. One guy grabbed a rainbow flag and started dancing in front of them. I love how the guy on the left is looking through his fanny pack.
Apparently the hate mongers did not receive the memo that fannypacks are SO 1990.

The parade opens with almost 500 dykes on bikes. It's pretty cool watching them roar down the street.
You wouldn't want to mess with some of these lesbians. 
There was 2 cheerleading squads performing in the parade. I was hoping someone would get tossed in the crowd, but alas no such luck.

This was one of my favorite parts of the parade. They had this huge dragon made of balloons. This is the head. 
You can't really tell, but this is part of the balloon body on the dragon. They also had people with all these balloons strapped to their backs on roller skates. So they kinda looked like balloon porcupines.

I don't know what she was doing there, but Elvira made an appearance. She must be getting up there in years, but she looks fabulous!

This is a member of the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence. I love those wacky nuns!

There was a large contingency of gay Jews. I took this for Mateo.

Mayor Gavin Newsom. He is so gorgeous! I wish he was the President.

The woman in red is Jennifer Beals from the "L Word" tv show and the other woman is the exec producer. It's the lesbian version of Queer as Folk.

This was some cowboy group, I don't know what. But I saw the Nevada flag and got excited. Or rather just the shape of Nevada.

They had a lot of families marching in the parade. In fact, I thought it would be more flamboyant. But it was nice seeing all the kids with they gay parents!


There was like 7 grand marshals for the parade. One of whom was Reichen, the winner of the amazing race.

OMG, I have that same outfit! Scandalous.

These were guys on one of the floats hosted by a porn studio.

Assemblyman Mark Leno who has introduced a lot of GLBT friendly legislation, including the marriage bill that the Governator vetoed this year.

This was literally the GAYEST thing at the GAY PRIDE parade, if you can believe it.

This is a shot of the civic center. I'm kinda sad that I didn't get to walk around more but the girls wanted to catch the train. There was a lot of stuff going on.

Finally, here's a pic of me, Jalila, and Phi. I wore my "Law School is so Gay" shirt because it's the only day I can get away with wearing it. Plus it's the only day I'd ever want to wear it. It's such a horrible shirt.
Can't wait until next year!

2 comments:
The pics are so colorful!!!
shalom!
Post a Comment